Looking for a trucking expert witness in New Jersey? Scott L. Turner’s over 30 years of experience in commercial motor vehicle (CMV) crashes makes him uniquely qualified to provide support with your specific case. Turner spent 17 years as the CEO of a nationwide CMV crash recovery team, providing major disaster response and recovery in accidents with and without hazardous material involvement. In addition to his hands-on work, Turner has received the highest levels of truck and motorcoach crash training. This includes CMV Crash Inspections and Investigations, Cargo Tank Truck Specialist, Hazardous Materials Inspections (CMV), Passenger Vehicle (Motorcoach) Inspection, HazMat Specialist, and Level 1 FMCA Inspections. These qualifications qualify Turner to assist as a trucking expert in Florida for several types of situations.
Scott L. Turner’s Experience
In addition to the over three decades that Turner has spent responding to and investigating CMV crashes in terms of FMCSA compliance/violations, Turner has worked as an 18-wheeler tractor- trailer driver for several years as well. This experience provided him with the knowledge that he would later utilize as a trucking expert witness in NJ and nationwide. Trucking accident expert witnesses in NJ need to be knowledgeable of all the factors that can contribute to accidents on the road. Turner has experience driving low-boys (flat beds) and dry-van trailers and tankers. As an operator, he learned about driving and loading.
Turner’s professional experience as a trucking expert witness in NJ is supplemented by his work as an instructor for the New Jersey State Police. As an instructor for 11 years, Turner was a CMV crash and incident specialist instructor for cargo-tank trunk responses. He was also a HM instructor that focused on responding to tractor-trailer crashes.
As a specialist instructor, Turner was responsible for training multiple different organizations. This includes the New York City PD Emergency Services Unit, New York. New Jersey Port of Authority, Philadelphia Fire Department, New York City Fire Department, CRHMRO (California) and the New Jersey State Police, to name a few.
Scott L. Turner’s extensive experience as a truck accident expert in New Jersey has involved responding to and investigating over 1,000 tractor trailer and CMV crashes. In addition to these responses, Turner has investigated and/or responded to 200 cargo-tank truck crashes and several incidents in an industrial setting. This includes railroad, airline, and maritime disasters. As a truck accident expert in New Jersey and across the country, Turner has responded to a variety of loading rack incidents, including loading rack fires, explosions, and injuries. In these cases, Turner has acted as the lead responder and/or investigator.
Turner’s in-depth understanding of FMCSA regulations, industry standards of care, providing detailed reports for cases, delivering testimony, and teaching a jury give him the ability to provide expert trucking opinions. This understanding can be an important facet of any litigation or arbitration involving CMV crashes or other damaging incidents. As a truck accident expert witness in NJ, Turner’s services include:
- Cargo-tank truck crashes, spills, and explosions
- Cargo-tank loading/offloading incidents (Loading Rack)
- CMV crash investigation, analysis, and re-creation
- CMV loading and off-loading investigation
- CMV post-crash FMCSA truck and motorcoach inspections
- Deposition and courtroom testimony
- Distracted driving
- Driver hours-of-service; fatigue driving
- FMCSA/PHMSA Driver and Management Training
- Highway construction zone crashes
- Industrial trucks/lift trucks
- Litigation support
- Pre-deposition support
- Trial preparation consulting
Knowledge of Standard Setters
Much of Turner’s success as a truck expert in New Jersey can be attributed to his knowledge of multiple relevant standards and their influence on the cases he is engaged in. Some of these relevant “standard setters” include:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- Compressed Gas Association (CGA)
- Institute of Police Technology and Management (IPTM)
- National Academy of Sciences; Transportation Research Board (NAS;TRB)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- North American Transportation Management Institute (NATMI)
- National Tank Truck Carriers (NTTC)
- American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI)
- Smith-System Driver Improvement Institute
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- ATA; Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC)
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- JJ Keller
- University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI)
- Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI)